Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Well sometimes I go out by myself, and I look across the water...and I think of all the things, of what you're doing, and in my head I paint a picture...

Good morning, y'all! How have you been? We are great over at the Teubner Haus, just going from here to there and trying to enjoy the time in between. Soccer and baseball seasons are in full swing, so that means fun Saturdays, and opportunities to play with the camera lens I got for my birthday. Woohoo!

Anyway, I snuck away to my craft disaster area room last night and finally got to turn some of my colored images into cards. The first card features Josephine cuddling her pet cat Kiki from Stampavie's CHA Winter Release.


Isn't she gorgeous? She was so much fun to color. I colored her with Copic markers and added some bling, lace and a gorgeous Prima flower as an accent. The main image and October Afternoon card base were cut and embossed with Nestabilities Labels Seventeen.


The next card features an adorable image from Mo Manning's Stampavie Collection called Psst Dani and Taylor. I colored this image over a year and a half ago to show as a sample in a Copic class...I love it!!


I really had fun with this card...just kind of went crazy with the colors and layout. I used Rectangle Nestabilities to cut and emboss the main image and scalloped mat, and used my cute little notebook page style border punch on the lined paper. The patterned paper is from Cosmo Cricket, and the  polka dot strip is from the Pink Paislee Artisan Elements Border pack...it's a fun cross between foam and resin, and comes white so you can customize the color to your project. I sprayed this one with Glimmer Mist.


The sentiment (from Papertrey Ink) fit nicely onto my yellow butterfly, then I added some Diamond Stickles and glitter around the edges. A few little touches like twine, a mini library clip, and glitter, and I was all finished!

Well, I better get going...I hope you have a wonderful day. Thanks so much for stopping by to see me!

4 comments:

Jen Shults said...

These are fantastic! I love that flower you made on the first one and the shaped card... that looks amazing. The second one is so cute. I really adore the kraft background left plain with the card elements stacked on top. And above it all your coloring is fantastic!

Joan B said...

these are gorgeous. what talent you have.

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Your coloring is STUNNING in both of these, Shannoopy!

Dawn Easton said...

Love these, Shannan!! Especially that teen one! OH my! I need to get that image....lol...perfect for my daugher....UGGS and all! Thanks for enabling!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a note!